Aggressive Defense Against Criminal Charges
Whether you are under investigation or under arrest, your future may be on the line, and you do not want to take any chances. You need strong criminal defense representation.
At the law offices of Lanza & Lanza, our Flemington attorneys have more than 40 years of experience providing vigorous criminal defense in New Jersey courts. We recognize that you have a lot to lose if you are convicted of a crime, and we mount your criminal defense accordingly. As trial attorneys, we will not simply roll over and accept a plea bargain. We will fight to keep you out of jail and to keep your record clean.
Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome, whether that be a reduction in charges or penalties, dismissal of your charges or a win in a jury trial.
Extensive Knowledge Of How Prosecutors Operate
Understanding how prosecutors operate can be advantageous when taking them on in as a criminal defense lawyer. We have that understanding because lawyers at our law firm have served as prosecutors. We know full well the rules they must follow and the goals they hope to achieve. We know how to work with them when negotiation is appropriate, and we know how to effectively take them on when that is the right path for our client.
Defense Against All Disorderly Persons Charges and First-, Second-, Third- And Fourth-Degree Crimes
Our attorneys protect those accused of a wide range of criminal offenses, including disorderly persons offenses (known as misdemeanors in other states) and first- through fourth-degree crimes (known as felonies in other states):
- Drunk driving: We defend against DUI/DWI charges and handle all related matters, including DUI driver’s license suspension hearings.
- Municipal court and traffic tickets: With a part-time municipal prosecutor on our team, we are fully prepared to defend against both municipal offenses and traffic violations. This includes traffic offenses such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, moving violations and other offenses that lead to traffic tickets.
- Drug offenses: We handle a wide range of drug crimes in the state courts of New Jersey, including possession, trafficking, distribution and manufacturing.
- Property offenses: We defend against charges of arson, vandalism, burglary, theft and other property crimes.
- White collar offenses: We fight fraud charges of all kinds, as well as other white collar crimes such as money laundering and embezzlement.
- Assault and battery: We defend against assault and battery charges, as well as other violent criminal charges.
Our experience means we can defend against everything from minor charges to major offenses such as murder or aggravated assault. We also handle juvenile cases in the New Jersey juvenile court system that is entirely different from the criminal courts.
Finding The Flaws In The Case Against You
From the very start, we will take great care to build a strong case. We never take any evidence for granted, investigating every angle to determine whether it was obtained in a manner that violated your rights and to see if it truly is as solid as the prosecutors may claim it is. We strive to find the flaws in the evidence and chip away at the case against you in order to prevent the criminal charges from bringing your life to a halt.
We are also equipped to help those who are eligible for expungement and navigate through the complicated process that allows them to clear their criminal record.
Ready To Fight Criminal Charges?
With extensive experience in the criminal courts of New Jersey, we are prepared to handle a wide range of crimes. Taking a hands-on approach to all our cases, we will be with you every step of the way. Call 908-905-0183, or contact us online to schedule a consultation and learn more.